Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 37 - Merritt, BC to Chilliwack, BC

June 22, 2010
184 km

Today was day two of the crazy death mountains of the 97c and it was hard and discouraging but a nice lady offered me juice and a banana at the summit which made my day. When I called home I received the news that I was denied my application for OSAP for the fall and instead of panicking like I usually do I stayed calm and rational, that is how I know I finally found what I was looking for on this trip. I am so proud of myself for how far I have come, both geographically and mentally. I no longer fear being alone, talking with strangers, asking for things, and deep water. My self confidence is through the roof and I am 100% satisfied with how the trip turned out. I know I can accomplish anything and I know I am smart, determined and can do anything I want. However the greatest truth I have discovered is that life is better when shared with others. The best times on this trip were with friends or people I met along the way. That being said I have seen enough and I have learned everything I could about myself for one adventure so I have decided to fly home from Vancouver. Tomorrow I will reach the west coast and will spend 10 days there and fly to Toronto to visit with Genny for a bit and to see my sister in London. Don't think this as a failure but rather as an early success. I am proud of what I have done and I know I could do it again if I wanted to. The only reason to stay would be for other people and I have nothing to prove to anyone. I am very happy and I will be very happy to come home with my head held high. Now I just need to face my fear of airplanes.

1 comment: