Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 30 - Calgary, AB to Canmore, AB

June 15, 2010
116 km

So I fixed my flat, ate breakfast and discovered that my tire was flat again. I feel like I am going to explode over this tire business. I keep checking the tires and there is nothing in them to cause a flat so I have no idea why it keeps happening. I had a bit of a difficult time trying to get out of the city but eventually figured it out. The hills started growing gradually, then the rock started showing up, next the forest was turned on and at last as I bomb a hill around a corner I see the amazing Rocky Mountains! This may have been the first time in my life that I gasped at something beautiful. As I got deeper into the mountains it just kept getting better. They were even more amazing than I expected and it was weird to see snow in the summer (although it hasn't felt like summer). I stayed with another friend from the Soo, Maggie, who lives in a place with the best mountain view ever. Even as I sit here I know they are out there looking great and it is so exciting. Almost in BC!

No comments:

Post a Comment