Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 19 - Brandon, MB to Moosomin, SK

June 4, 2010
140 km

The rain had stopped by the time I woke up but since I was in a low valley the fog was so bad I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. It was windy right out of the gates which was a bad sign. I got my second flat today, 7 km outside Virdin, MB, I pumped it, biked 5 km and walked the last 2. In Virdin I bought groceries, ate lunch, and fixed my flat but I wasn't sure if I should stay or move on as it was only noon. I called my dad and Genny and they helped me during my frustration with the terrible wind. If it wasn't for them I would have stopped so thanks for saying all the right things guys, todays ride goes out to you. I finally made it to Saskatchewan but it is just more of the same. Everytime I see a cute animal I think of Homer which isn't helping my already intense emotions. Birds, Prairie Dogs and Baby Cows all look like Homer. Once I got into Moosomin I asked for directions to the campground and a man that worked there offered me his backyard. It wasn't until after I setup that he said he was charging me $10 but it wasn't so bad cause I got to watch the hockey game. I am surprisingly relxed right now and I got some good couchsurfing coming up soon so I am excited to hang out with all those people. I am glad the sun is back if only the wind could go away too.

No comments:

Post a Comment