Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 29 - Calgary, AB

June 14, 2010

I spent way too much money in Calgary but it was fun. I wouldn't want to live there but it was nice to see. I checked out the sites downtown, got to see the Saddledome but it was mostly restaurants and clothing stores everywhere. I ate at a place called Tubby Dog and ordered a veggie dog smoothered in peanut butter, jam and captain crunch. It sounds gross and that is why I ordered it but it was actually suprisingly tasty. After eating I donated blood at the local blood services building which may end up killing me as I go into the Rockies. The nurse was so concerned for me that se gave me $20 to buy some iron rich foods, which I did. I got some new tubes as everyday I seem to need one and of course today was no exception as I discovered my 5th flat tire in 5 days straight. I am really getting tired of this. For dinner I tried Pakistani food at a place aclled Mirchi, it was spicy and very different and I would defiently eat it again. It is probably one of the most different tasting foods and it is a nice change of pace. Later in the night everyone decided to go to the movies and see the A-Team. I didn't want to spend the money but I love going to the movies so I went anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment