Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 23 - Regina, SK to Moose Jaw, SK

June 8, 2010
75 km

As per what I expect from the prairies it was raining and it was really windy but it was a short 65 km to Moose Jaw. After all the long days I have put in 65 km seems like a lesiure ride. I got my third falt riding around in downtown Moose Jay today. I have been pretty lucky that all my flats have been in town and not on the side of the road. I had lunch buffet at a crappy Chinese Restuarnant called Jade Garden. After lunch I met up with my fourth host from couchsurfing.com. His name is Peter and he is really nice but he insists that I call him a freak on my blog so I will. He has been really awesome and accomadating. We got some snacks, some beer, went for a swim in a mineral water pool at a fancy spa, ate dinner at Bonaza and watched Fargo. Since I am a day ahead of myself still I decided to hang out in Moose Jaw for another night. I am hoping I can wait out the bad weather and get an awesome ride from here to Calgary.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm totally stopping at Bonanza on our way back east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely get here tomorrow because I think we're gonna go camping in Kananaskis on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuuu I have swam in the same pool. It's delightful!

    ReplyDelete