Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 33 - Revelstoke, BC to Kelowna, BC

June 18, 2010
197 km

I am sore and really exhausted, probably because I thought it would be a good idea to compress 6 days of riding in the mountains into 3. Its hard not to push myself though, I am so excited for Vancouver and I am so close. The scenery has changed a bit, I am now spending the majority of the day in low valleys with the densest forests I have ever seen. I think I am in the Okanagan Valley. Once I got to Sicamous it was time to leave highway 1 for the first time since I crossed into Manitoba. I have chosen the southern highways as there is more to see. I got a flat tire right outside of Sicamous but this one was understandable, it was a huge long piece of metal. A couple from the UK stopped and drove me back to town to pump my tire. From this point on it was rolling hills into the wind but it was beautiful lake country. I stopped for lunch in Vernon and for some much needed Booster Juice. Vernon seemed like a nice place but I was determined to make it to Kelowna, mainly because I had someone to stay with. My host today is Chris and he and his roomates are quite fun. I really pushed hard to get here but I think it is going to be good. Weather is nice, tomorrow is Saturday and I am in Kelowna for a couple nights how could it not be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment