Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 36 - Kelowna, BC - Merritt, BC

June 21, 2010
139 km

I was sad to leave Kelowna as I had so much fun and I knew I had two of the worst days ahead of me. At least one is down now. For the first 50 km of the day it was a constant hill with a summit at 1700 m above sea level, then came the downhill part that was muzzled by the strong wind. I am getting low on money and food so I spent $20 in Merritt on a good supply of groceries which leaves me with $20 till Vancouver. The groceries should last until Abbotsford. For the first time on the trip I was brave enough to bike around asking people if I could use their backyard and got one near the highway with a nice family. It feels so good to have self-confidence and little anxiety. This trip is helping me so much. At times I do feel like quitting but then I think about all the great things I would have missed if I had given up then. So off to bed bed I go in my tent for the first time since Saskatchewan after eating my canned chili. I will try not to think about how painful tomorrow will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment