Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 27 - Medicine Hat, AB to Brooks, AB

June 12, 2010
118 km

Finally after several weeks of rain and wind I got a break and it felt nice. The sun was warm and the wind was on my back. I tried out listening to a movie on my iPod while biking and it worked well as a good distraction. There wasn't many small towns on this stretch so I didn't stop often. The only thing I saw was bulls, mule deer, and some alpacas. Everyone said Brooks smells because of the meat packing plant but I never smelled anything. Being as Alberta thinks they are Texas I suspect more Taco Time and Brooks was no exception to that. Genny set me up with a bed at her cousin Sharon's place which was pretty sweet. I also took some time to re-route my return trip to make it more enjoyable among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment