Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 35 - Kelowna

June 20, 2010

First thing is first, Happy Fathers Day. I found a payphone and had a conversation with my dad for a half hour. By the time I got back Dillion was awake so we went for coffee and discussed graffiti art which ended up in a political conversation. The best part about this trip is meeting new people and discussing any topic. I am learning new things, I am getting better at debating, I am becoming more open minded and more tolerant of opposing viewpoints. When Chris got up we spent and hour picking cherries and then took the canoe across Okanagan Lake to Bear Creek park. We made it after consuming a few too many beer and then hiked a hill/trail. A storm had started to build but we had no choice but to paddle back against the wind and rain. It was probably a bad idea as there were no other boats on the water, there was lightning and strong wind but we made it. We were all tired and I was sore so the extra day off didn't do much. We made dinner and watched a Ralph Nader documentary. Sadly this will probably be the last time I see Chris and Dillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment