Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 28 - Brooks, AB to Calgary, AB

June 13, 2010
207 km

I am clearly getting stronger as 207 km is my longest day yet and I don't feel nearly as exhausted as I have in the past. It did help that the sun was shinning again and I got another tail wind. When I left Brooks I finally got a whiff of that meat packing plant and it was pretty awful. Gas stations were few but I stopped and bought something every time I seen one knowing that I would need all the energy and fuel I could get. I stopped for some Taco Time in Strathmore and then proceeded on the home stretch. I got my first glimpse of the Rocky Mountains from about 100 km out and came across the Calgary skyline at 50 km. I didn't get to see much as my only goal was to get to Jamie Penno's apartment, which was where I was staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment