Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 24 - Moose Jaw, SK

June 9, 2010

I woke up right with a huge bowl of cereal then we were off on a packed day of sight seeing. We started with some Tim Hortons and Mac the Moose, the Moose Jaw mascot. Then came the best part, we drove down the highway to a small town called Roleau, the home of Corner Gas. I got pictures with the Dog River grain elevator, downtown, Ruby's, the gas station itself and even Emma and Oscar's house. Peter even got me a Corner Gas key chain to remember it by. Next on the agenda was historic village which was kinda a snooze except for this messed up boat. Last was the Moose Jaw tunnels where Al Capone used to smuggle alcohol during prohibition into the states. The tunnels had live actors that took you through each section and interacted with wou. The end of the day was just a huge feast of Boston Pizza, homemade Vegan pudding, chips, chocolate waffer cookies and beer as we watched Roseanne and then Walk The Line. I had some a great time Peter in Moose Jaw and he was so generous and nice, I hope I run into him again at some point in my life. The forecast is calling for more rain for the next two days and then I should be home free for the rest of Alberta.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot express how INCREDIBLY JEALOUS I am of your Corner Gas experience!!! My favourite show!!

    ReplyDelete