Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 17 - Winnipeg, MB to Portage La Prairie, MB

June 2, 2010
125 km

Once again it was very hard to leave the safety of friends. Jay and Joce treated me like a king and I love them. It took me 50 km just to get out of Winnipeg but from there it was smooth sailing. I played with a stray cat during my lunch and he reminded me of Homer which made me sad. I also saw a new animal today, a prairie dog, or what I assume is a prairie dog. Once I arrived in Portage La Prairie I began looking for a place to stay and I ran in to two girls cycling for Heart and Stroke and 4 guys riding a tandem bike. They scored us all free camping and I got a delcious meal cooked for me. Who knew onions and fruit was so good together. The biggest surprise was the money that was hidden in my bag by Jay and Joce despite me asking them to stop being so awesome to me. Thanks guys.

1 comment: